We understand how to develop effective yet efficient programs and services without sacrificing quality. Francis-Young International-Consultants in School Improvement (FYI-CSI) can supplement your special education programs with cost-effective, customized services that work to achieve student goals. HOW? We know special education and have an administrative team that has over 100 years of special education administrative experience. Many of our team has received state recognition for our career work. They have worked on federal, state, county and local committees that have helped shape special education in Michigan.
In addition to providing staffing solutions, we work with schools to ensure that all special education programs and services comply with:
- Quality Staff: Our staff is trained on all levels of special education rules and laws before they walk into your doors. We are flexible and can meet any need you have
- Employee Costs: One set fee that provides you with the best services. This can include financial service, negotiation of Transportation services, Security assessment and Risk Management services.
- Optional Professional Development in areas such as Positive Behavior Interventions; Response to Intervention, Co-Teaching, and more.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA 2004)
- Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE)
- Federal, state, and ISD special education standards and reporting requirements
- No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB)
School Governance and Compliance
FYI-CSI also works with school districts to ensure they are developing, adopting, and implementing policies and procedures that are compliant with all federal, state and local laws. We work with your school districts to help make certain that board policies are implemented at the school building level. Please look at the following statements and see if you can answer these:
Understanding how these and other issues can put you out of compliance, is the cost that are associated with being out of compliance is essential to providing a quality education to all students.
- Does your district have a board policy and written procedures for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973?
- Do any of your students with asthma, diabetes, severe allergies, seizure disorders, etc.
- Do you have a board policy and procedures in place for Personal Curriculums?
- Is your staff aware of the mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse or neglect and a procedure for how it should be reported?
- Does your administrative team understand laws that deal with suspension/expulsion?
I know that our team at FYI-CSI can satisfy your special education and school governance and compliance needs. I am happy to address any questions you may have. Contact me, Mark Francis, today at (248) 802-7833 or (248) 889-1691 to learn more. I look forward to hearing from you.